Version 4.9.3 || February 2016
xTuple ERP 4.9.3 is now available for download from xTuple's GitHub repository or the xTuple PostBooks® project page on SourceForge. This release includes approximately 50 bug fixes. The commercial editions and packages can be downloaded by commercial customers from xTuple's Community Website. See more information about deploying this release in the detailed 4.9.3 Release Notes on GitHub and below.
In addition, we have also updated the following extensions:
- xTuple Time & Expense 2.4.0 includes both new features and bug fixes (GitHub or SourceForge)
- xTuple Enhanced Commissions 1.9 contains a few bug fixes (commercial download from xTuple.org)
Thanks to all who contributed to make these releases possible.
The xTuple ERP 4.9.3 release fixes a number of bugs in the xTuple ERP desktop application.
- Fixed issue #26190 Cannot create new Fiscal Periods
- Fixed issue #16636 *Selecting to 'View Transactions' for a Project account from Trial Balances screen displays irrelevant details
- Fixed issue #16649 License key loophole
- Fixed issue #25441 ItemSite API view is very slow
- Fixed issue #25576 *after database connection lost, desktop client must be restarted
- Fixed issue #25620 *poreject_recv_id not populated
- Fixed issue #25697 Login Screen Database Name Cursor Jumps
- Fixed issue #25698 *MAC QT5: Unable to close the WorkOrder
- Fixed issue #25919 *Can't search Vendor Item Number
- Fixed issue #25947 *Registration Key is not handled properly
- Fixed issue #26084 *Unable to attach a documents to a new Opportunity
- Fixed issue #26121 *Value column does not use locale in printed QOH Report
- Fixed issue #26228 there is no good way to install xtmfg into a distribution database
- Fixed issue #26334 License manager down
- Fixed issue #26376 *Unsaved Sales Order Line Items are being displayed under 'Line Items' tab of a Sales Order
- Fixed issue #26391 Document Assignment is orphaned if Sales Order is cancelled or deleted
- Fixed issue #26421 Netable calculation causing issues with MPS schedule
- Fixed issue #26437 *User is able to create a Sales order even after revoking 'Maintain sales order' privilege
- Fixed issue #26485 Able to change currency after Credit Memo has posted to the GL
- Fixed issue #26505 *4.9.0 Urgent Issue: Ship Order Bug with the Return & Enter Key
- Fixed issue #26528 'Unit Price UOM' is not being updated automatically in 'Item' screen
- Fixed issue #26606 *Omnibus: Unable to add a new image in any screen from 'Documents' section
- Fixed issue #26629 User is able to change base currency irrelevantly (replaces #26535)
- Fixed issue #26638 *Credit Card Refunds Processed Incorrectly
- Fixed issue #26643 Pending Availability with Multi Level BOM issue (replaces 25884)
- Fixed issue #26648 Error on issue inventory
- Fixed issue #26655 *Voucher uninvoiced column includes RA and other values
- Fixed issue #26659 *Discount Not Applying Correctly on Cash Receipt
- Fixed issue #26687 Reservation system miscalculates QOH for alternate UOM items
- Fixed issue #26691 *DB log error is generated on selecting to check 'Copy Routing' checkbox in 'Copy Item' screen
- Fixed issue #26696 *Shipped child item message on quotes
- Fixed issue #26705 Lot/Serial not passing to Receiving Site for T/Os
- Fixed issue #26757 P/O Returns with Purchase Price Variance are posting to the G/L incorrectly
- Fixed issue #26783 ccpayments lists payments twice if customer is in two customer groups
- Fixed issue #26844 Getting invalid registration key window 4.10.0-beta
- Fixed issue #26869 *AP application drill down issue
- Fixed issue #26887 Adding CRM element Relation in Documents causes duplicated lines
- Fixed issue #26961 *creating an accounting period fails: malformed array literal
- Fixed issue #26986 balancing inventory fails with constraint violations inserting NULLs in value columns
- Fixed issue #27105 Need a way to prioritize incidents numerically in addition to current alpha sort, for better project mgmt
- Fixed issue #27142 *Omnibus: Windows are getting shrinked irrelevantly
- Fixed issue #27156 *CC processing error when A.N is set to process card-present
- Fixed issue #27189 Lot Serial Tracking not allowing specific material assignment within Work Order
- Fixed issue #27205 *Error Creating new Accounting Periods
- Fixed issue #27230 *Costs Visible and Should Not Be
- Fixed issue #27282 PAIN - Customer form saves are rather long
- Fixed issue #27300 'Fiscal Year', 'Accounting Periods', and 'Exchange Rates' for current year are not being created in demo databases irrelevantly
- Fixed issue #27301 orderedbypo function does not include poitem_qty_returned
- Fixed issue #27305 *Tax not properly applied
- Fixed issue #27358 Characteristics no longer work on Projects List 4.9.1
We've lately revised the naming conventions and the behavior of our core updater packages. Our overall goal is to simplify the process of installing and upgrading xTuple ERP databases.
Just as was true for the 4.4.1 release, you will only need to apply one updater package to upgrade to the latest release--that is, assuming you are already running on at least 4.4.0. The new updater packages are designed to bring you all the way up to their version, no matter what version (>= 4.4.0!) that you're on.
Beginning with 4.5.0, we even went a step further: not only will a single package take you through every version of the app, it will also install all the constituent parts of your edition. Before now, if you wanted to do an upgrade to the Manufacturing or Enterprise Editions, you would have needed to perform the standard/dist upgrade and then the manufacturing upgrade. Not any more. With the new process, only one upgrade package is needed for the entire upgrade. No more upgrading the core and then upgrading the related packages. Everything is upgraded all at once.
NOTE FOR DISTRIBUTION EDITION CUSTOMERS: The xwd package no longer exists as a separate entity. All the functionality that was contained in the xwd package is now included in the single "distribution" upgrade or install package.
To be verbose about all of this:
postbooks-upgrade-491.gz will: upgrade a PostBooks database from anywhere >= 4.4.0 to 4.9.1 distribution-upgrade-491.gz will: upgrade the standard/dist (i.e., inventory code) to 4.9.1 upgrade the distribution (i.e., xwd code) to 4.9.1 distribution-install-491.gz will: do a one-time install of tables, etc. for standard (i.e., inventory code) at 4.9.1 do a one-time install of tables, etc. for distribution at 4.9.1 manufacturing-upgrade-491.gz will: upgrade the standard/dist (i.e., inventory code) to 4.9.1 upgrade the manufacturing code to 4.9.1 manufacturing-install-491.gz will: do a one-time install of tables, etc. for standard (i.e., inventory code) at 4.9.1 do a one-time install of tables, etc. for manufacturing at 4.9.1 enterprise-upgrade-491.gz will: upgrade the standard/dist (i.e., inventory code) to 4.9.1 upgrade the distribution (i.e., xwd code) to 4.9.1 upgrade the manufacturing code to 4.9.1 enterprise-install-491.gz will: do a one-time install of tables, etc. for standard (i.e., inventory code) at 4.9.1 do a one-time install of tables, etc. for distribution at 4.9.1 do a one-time install of tables, etc. for manufacturing at 4.9.1
PLEASE NOTE: Other packages, such as Advanced Commissions and Fixed Assets, are currently remaining on their own release schedule and should be installed as before.